Late Night Love Angst


Welcome to my raw deep emotional vent written at 12:35 am because I’m thinking too much and there’s a lot in my head and I feel like no one’s listening…
I’m so tired of everyone telling me “your time will come” because everyone around me has something beautiful. It’s so hard to even discuss it with stupidly happy people, like my best friend. I love when people are happy, and I love hearing about everything and all the butterflies and smiles and cute shit, but I always end up sitting here questioning when on earth it will happen to me. I don’t wanna be that single girl that’s merely only friends with everyone forever. I don’t wanna be that girl that always listens with nothing to contribute about last weekend’s wild hookup. For once I wanna be the girl telling the story, for the role to be reversed. I don’t want the stupid little things to matter, a read text, an opened snapchat, the silence from the other end of the tangled web of social media and various iphone messaging. It shouldn’t matter and I shouldn’t be slaving over these things late at night. I’m so tired. I don’t wanna go back to your dorm, I wanna feel something. I just wanna FEEL. I want the butterflies and the nervousness and all of that stuff that everyone tells me, but where is it? I could reflect on this forever, I often find myself laying here questioning the universe, screaming at the sky, wishing for something to come to me. “Something comes when you’re not looking” is also a lie. Nineteen years of my life I don’t expect anything and I get nothing. It’s so frustrating to watch all your friends find people that are interested in them, and watch them fall in love, and have their first times, while I just sit here with the prior memories of the 3 strangers I’ve merely kissed for a few minutes. I know it’s not a competition, but I can’t help but compare and hope and wish and pray. Back to how the little things get me, I overthink them all too much. He could open my snapchat and not respond and I automatically blame myself. I hate this whole hook up culture sometimes, I’ll do it of course, but I wanna go on a date and have my hand held, and to have that little innocent lovely time and I really don’t think that’s too much to ask. I just want to be wanted, to have someone look at me and be infatuated with everything I am, because I look at people all the time like that, but do people look at me like that? But it doesn’t happen and I sit here listening to Something Great wishing for it. “Is it too much to ask for something great?” will forever haunt the depths of my mind at the hours when I can’t sleep, because it shouldn’t be too much to ask for. I wanna have that thing Ari sings “I’m so into you I can barely breathe”. I feel like I do a lot of things right in my life, or at least I try to. I do well in school, I have good friends, I work hard. I love things with all my heart, as you will see through this blog, I could write about my love for music and concerts for all of eternity. I’ve focused myself into so many things like this in my life that make me happy, yet there’s always been this one thing missing. I know I’m complete without it and I’m a strong amazing independent woman who don’t need no man, but still it would be so nice.  And I know there are so many other people like me that feel the same way, and I know I sound crazy sometimes because I have my whole life ahead of me to fall in love, but as of right now, I worry and I’m upset and it bugs me. I thought it would get better in college, especially in the city, but it just hasn’t, I mean yet. I have to constantly remind myself that I am worth something. Worth more than unsolicited dick pics and unanswered texts/snapchats. Worth more than a right swipe and a late night “hey let’s fuck”. I am willing and have the capacity to love and adore someone with all my being, I’d give the whole world, I love so deeply and put so much love out there but it feels like it isn’t returned. My favorite band sings “all the love you gave, it will come back to you”, and I pray that that will be true someday.  I give myself and my heart and I get nothing. I deserve more, I’m worth more, but it’s so hard to remember that these days. Will someone realize before it’s too late? Will I be old and alone and boys who knew me at 18 be thinking “wow I should’ve gone for it”? There are just too many thoughts like this that haunt my head during nights like these. I’m scared I’m just going to keep living life and working hard and focusing on my friends, career, school, and music without this wonderful feeling ever coming my way, what if I’m destined to be that girl that always alone? It’s so hard to talk about it because it feels like no one listens or they just offer up these classic one liners that I’m exhausted of hearing (aka your time will come, it’s all worth the wait, etc.) I’m just so tired of it all. Sitting and listening and giving advice and watching people experience these feelings, when all I wanna do is feel them too. It’s not fair, and I don’t get it. I don’t get it. I don’t get it. I don’t get it.  I can be very cynical about the whole thing, and of course I still have hope and my whole life ahead of me, but until it happens, I’ll be here, wishing, waiting, praying, with my headphones and 3 am thoughts and my own heart beating and screaming to be in sync with another.
-c

Share:

0 comments